It is never good news when you are off the grid. However, thanks to recent technological advancement. Today, we have portable solar generators that are immensely helpful, especially when there is an emergency or an ordinary power loss.
Solar generators help in powering small devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, televisions and more. That aside, who loves that disgusting loud sound produced by power generators not to mention the smell produced due to fuel combustion.
Solar generators are very handy in addition to being very effective, cost-effective and convenient to use. You won’t be needing gallons of gasoline. But that is not the kick-starter, portable solar generators have taken the boating experience to a whole new level.
No matter what happens in the sea, these devices will always have your back.
Benefits Of Solar Power Generators For Boats
You would surely want to know why solar generators are worth. Apart from being handy portable units that we can use to power our gadgets and light electronics, there is more to these generators. Here are the benefits of these generators:
Well, this is the most important feature, especially when you are on board. Solar generators are not as heavy or mechanically complex as power generators. It is easy to carry, service and even repair one. Well, when it comes to boating expeditions, having everything in the boat is a huge tradeoff.
Solar power generators not only cost less but also require no gasoline, kerosene or any other fuel to run. You can use them anywhere provided there is sunlight.
Solar is renewable implying solar generators are environmentally friendly. You only invest in the initial investment and other infrequent maintenance costs.
The incredibly loud sound produced by gasoline generators is a huge turn-off for many of us that love adventuring the outside world. This is why solar generators get a higher score given they are ideal power backups yet operate quietly.
Our Top 5 Best Solar Generators
Let me introduce to you the best portable solar generators of all times. Here we go:
1. Monerator Gusto 20 Portable Solar Generator
Regardless of the nature of your adventure, the Gusto 20 Portable Generator boasts of some robust features that make it an ideal choice for boating, RVs, camping, or hiking. This multipurpose 256wh generator has a solar panel, 75W inverter and 220/110V inverter and USB output.
There is no single gadget or light electronic that will run out of power when you have the Monerator Gusto. Incredibly unique build design, fine engineering, and exclusive performance are all packed in one unit – The Gusto 20 Portable Generator.
One reason outdoor adventurer fans love the Gusto is that of its compact and lightweight design. It has a built-in 12VDC LiFePO4 battery that has thousands of cycles. The all-in-one Eco kit includes LED lights & holder, charger, USB cord, inverter and the instruction manual.
Overall, the Gusto is an excellent power source that redefined the meaning of green energy.
- Multipurpose unit – The Gusto is ideal for boating expeditions, camping RVs, hiking and more outdoor activities. Additionally, it the USB outlet, 220/110V outlets, DC light outlets for all your appliances and light electronics.
- Quiet Operation – This generator is 100% noiseless. You can take a nap while recharging your phone, tablets, cameras or fridge.
- Amazing lifespan – Monerator Gusto works over 1000 charging cycles. The long lifespan implies you will have as much outdoor fun as you would possibly desire. It can also supply power to multiple appliances at ago.
- Compact, Lightweight, and Easy-to-Carry Design – You can manipulate this generator to your convenience. Apart from being manufactured with weight in mind, it also features an ergonomic handle that makes carrying a breeze.
2. Goal Zero Yeti 150
This is another incredible ultra-portable solar-powered generator. It is commonly referred to as the “Plug and Play” generator perhaps because of the use convenience associated with this unit.
Goal Zero Yeti 150 is a versatile unit ideal for emergencies, hiking, picnics or camping. Be sure this compact yet powerful unit never disappoint. It will keep all your smartphones, laptops, digital cameras, MP3 players, DSLR cameras, car adapters and more powered.
Needless to say, the Goal Yeti is your ultimate power solution when you are away from home. Remember, there is no time difference using this generator to charge your gadgets or using the wall socket outlet.
- 3-Ways to Charge – You can charge this solar generator using a compatible solar panel, the 12V car adapter or, by plugging into the wall outlet.
- 3-Ways to Power Your Gadgets – You can charge using the USB ports, AC inverter or the 12V port. Nothing will go out of power.
- Mini powerhouse for all sorts of outdoor adventures – The Goal Yeti 150 is ideal for RVs, camping, tailgating, or any other outdoor party. It will solve all your emergency power issues.
- Convenient pop-up handles. Makes carrying the Yeti 150 easy and convenient.
3. Suaoki Portable Generator
The Suaoki Portable Generator has been known to be the ultimate power solution for both emergencies and outings. The generator has an entire 220Wh power house and 60W folding solar panel.
This high-end gasoline-free generator has a high capacity to power your smartphones, tablets, and any other electric appliance which makes it. You can charge it using the regular wall outlet or use any solar panel that is capable of supplying 15 Voltage or more. It is highly versatile and portable, besides being able to meet all your power demands.
Not to forget, the Suaoki is also ideal for use in disaster areas because of its above-average features. Well, that is not the end of the story, other prominent features push this solar generator up the ranks.
- Versatile Power Source Options – This unit is an all-in-one power station with several power outlets for your gadgets. You can use the 2*100/110 AC outlets, 2* DC outlets or the 2 USB ports. You can charge DC/12V, AC Appliances or USB/5V.
- Incredibly High Capacity – This is powerful enough to last many charging cycles. The unit’s 20,000 mAh battery is capable of charging tablets, laptops, digital cameras, power banks, TVs, mini-refrigerators, and any other household gadget.
- Two-Recharging Options – You can make use of the 60W solar panels or refuel using the regular wall outlet at home or anywhere else.
- Battery Management System – The BMS technology ensures that the Suaoki solar generator prevents over-current, over-temperature, and optimizes battery utilization. These features help prolong the battery life.
- Convenient carrying – Ergonomic and non-slip handles makes carrying this unit for a ride easy
- Aluminum shell – Enhances the durability of this generator and protects inner equipment in case of an accident.
4. Voltaic Systems 1024-C Portable Solar Generator
Briefcase Combining both a simple rugged carrying case and a high-performing solar panel is exactly what the Voltaic System 1024 Solar Briefcase does. Quite incredible! You can efficiently carry and charge laptops, smartphones, MacBooks, tablets, USB devices, and more. Featuring a removable 20, 000mAh battery, this briefcase has a number of output power outlets at your disposal. I can’t forget to mention the standard universal laptop charger that makes this solar briefcase the perfect companion when prepping for hikes, picnics, boating expeditions, RVs and other outdoor parties.
• Built-in Rugged Monocrystalline Solar Panel – Capable of churning out 17.6W at peak output, the Voltaic’s lightweight, waterproof and coated solar panel makes this briefcase a reliable power source.
• Powerful battery – The included removable 20, 000mAh battery is powerful enough to last several charging cycles. It can deliver power through the 5V/2A, 16V/3.5A, 12V/4A, 19V/3A outlets. •Versatile Charging Options – You can charge the Voltaic System 1024-C Solar Unit using the regular wall outlet or utilize the car adapter outlet.
• Unique Carry Design – Features a great briefcase-like design. This solar briefcase unit is also made from quality UV and water resistant fabric. You can conveniently use this carrying case to store your 17laptop, books, document sleeves and more. •All-in-one mini powerhouse -You can conveniently use the Solar Briefcase to charge professional cameras, laptops, DSLR cameras, USB devices
• Short Charging Duration – Can fully charge a laptop after 6.5 charging hours in the sun, charge 7tablets after 2 charging hours or charge 10 tablets after 3.5 charging hours in the sun.
5. Solarpod 240 Generator
The Solarpod 240 is another great portable solar generator that stands out from the rest. It is a perfect solar power station to back you up when off the grid. Whether at home, office or anywhere outdoor, this ultra-compact and lightweight solar generator stands tall. It boasts of a powerful 240Wh battery that makes this unit self-sufficient. Wherever you need to go, the Solarpod 240 generator will provide power. It is capable of supporting even major powerful electronic devices and lighter gadgets. Not convinced enough? Well, take a look at the key features of this generator.
• Solar power station – Despite being ultra-compact and lightweight, this generator outperforms many of its competitors. It is a reliable backup anytime anywhere.
• Multi-charging options – You can charge this unit using the regular 230V wall outlet, the car adapter or use the solar panel. •An ideal power source when in the outdoor space – You can use the Solarpod 240 to power on your smartphone, laptops, digital cameras, USB devices, lights, tablets and other small household devices.
• Incredibly Higher Power Capacity – The Solarpod can make it to 400watts of power at peak levels. It is, for this reason, it is capable of powering larger appliances such as televisions, mini-fridges, high-power fans, and stereos.